The Morning Report: “I’ve got no choice but to go out there”
Contra Costa Times (Marcus Thompson II): Stephen Jackson breaks his silence. “I’ve got no choice but to go out there,” Jackson said. “I’m just going to do my job. I don’t want to be fake. I’m just going to go and play basketball and handle my business.”
We’ll see how that turns out.
San Francisco Chronicle (Ray Ratto): Chris Cohan will sell someday. But not just yet.
San Francisco Chronicle (Rusty Simmons): A brief summary.
ESPN.com (Marc Stein): A distinct lack of good news on the trade front: “… no deal appears close in an economy where teams are overwhelmingly reluctant to take on players in their 30s possessing long-term contracts.”
NBA FanHouse (Matt Steinmetz): Pointing out that Stephen Jackson has no leverage in his battle with the team. “You think Corey Maggette would mind the extra touches he’d get if Jackson were gone? Stephen Curry, Anthony Randolph, Anthony Morrow, C.J. Watson, Kelenna Azubuike, even Rony Turiaf and Andris Biedrins — those guys either have no allegiance to Jackson or are too professional for it to be an issue.”
Thanks to Matt, I now have this image in my head of Maggette, wearing a lobster bib, holding a knife and fork and licking his lips before saying, “Ummmmmmm, touches.”
Talking Points (Tim Kawakami): The details from Friday’s meltdown: Nelson put a hand on Jackson to help him regain focus, but Jackson brushed it off, hard, and “told him loudly never to do that again.”
Fast Break (Adam Lauridsen): Adam notes the dichotomy of the two halves to the Clippers game. One thing I would add: The Clippers did a much better job defending the S/R in the second half. Where Monta was getting to the left elbow and even a step farther in during the first half for 14-15 footers, he was having to pull up two or three steps farther out in the second half, meaning 17-18 footers. It might be a subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.
Inside The Warriors/Contra Costa Times (Marcus Thompson II): MT2 is no harbinger of hope, either. “I don’t think it is possible to give your everything when you really don’t want to be around. Winning in the league goes beyond competing on the court. It’s practice. Chemistry. Sacrifice. Teamwork. And every other cliche you’ve seen on a poster. Will Jack do that like he did the last couple years? I don’t think he can given (his) feelings.”
Ball Don’t Lie/Yahoo! Sports (Kelly Dwyer): Kobe didn’t need to get under Stephen Jackson’s skin. That’s just how he rolls.
Warriors.com: Highlights from Monday.
3 Responses to “The Morning Report: “I’ve got no choice but to go out there””
At least the straight salary dump is fine with the fans now. But of course, in true Warriors fashion, it’s too late for that. No one’s taking this guy. Pacers had to take the Dunleavy/Murhpy money, we’ll have to take worse now.
I miss Mike Dunleavy. Contract expires any day now!
Good to have you back, Geoff. I bet you can’t wait until when Don Nelson-Riley trades Jackson and Anthony Morrow to the Cavs for Boobie Gibson and the completely insane Delonte West. Gibson and West would fit right in!
Check that, it’ll be a straight up deal: Jackson to the Grizzlies for Marko Jaric. I’m shocked Jaric hasn’t been a Warrior yet.
Leave a Reply
- ?ehirleraras? ta??mac?l?k on Monta Ellis returns from six-game layoff to face Trail Blazers; Watson in, Turiaf out
- evden eve nakliyat istanbul on Monta Ellis returns from six-game layoff to face Trail Blazers; Watson in, Turiaf out
- adana evden eve nakliyat on Anthony Morrow in the 3-point contest? Don Nelson doesn’t want to stop there
- garcinia cambogia on Thoughts on Game 31 (Warriors 99, Celtics 89): Return of the Jack
- dobramedycyna.com.pl on Game 37, Live: Heat (18-18) at Warriors (11-25)
TagsAcie Law Al Harrington Allen Iverson Andris Biedrins Anthony Morrow Anthony Randolph Baron Davis Brandan Wright C.J. Watson Chris Cohan Chris Hunter Chris Mullin Corey Maggette Dan Dickau DeMarcus Nelson Devean George Don Nelson Gilbert Arenas Jamal Crawford Jason Richardson Jeff Fried Jermareo Davidson Keith Smart Kelenna Azubuike Kevin Durant Kevin Garnett Kobe Bryant Larry Riley Marco Belinelli Marcus Williams Matt Barnes Mickael Pietrus Mikki Moore Monta Ellis Patrick O'Bryant Richard Hendrix Robert Rowell Rob Kurz Ronny Turiaf Stephen Curry Stephen Jackson Stephon Marbury Steve Nash Troy Murphy Vladimir Radmanovic
- Cohan hangs the “FOR SALE” sign on Warriors’ HQ, but how much will he get?
- Monta Ellis returns from six-game layoff to face Trail Blazers; Watson in, Turiaf out
- Radio alert: Tune in to KNBR 1050 at 12:30 pm…
- Game 63, Live: Warriors (17-45) at Hornets (31-32)
- Game 62, Live: Warriors (17-44) at Bobcats (29-31)
- Game 61, Live: Warriors (17-43) at Hawks (39-21)
- Game 60, Live: Warriors (17-42) at Magic (41-20)
- Game 59, Live: Warriors (17-41) at Heat (29-31)
- No Monta Ellis tonight vs. Kings
- Game 52, Live: Warriors (14-37) at Lakers (41-13)