Report: Brandan Wright hurts left shoulder, MRI to come
By Geoff Lepper
Yahoo! Sports NBA writer Marc J. Spears, formerly of the Boston Globe and before that the Denver Post, is reporting via Twitter that Warriors forward Brandan Wright injured his left shoulder during Friday night’s practice
– the last of Golden State’s two-a-day training camp sessions –(oops: they go twice today) and is scheduled for an MRI on Monday.
Assuming Spears’ report is correct (and there’s no reason to think otherwise), it could be a major setback for Wright. The third-year forward appeared in only 39 games last year because he missed more than two months after suffering a partial dislocation of the same shoulder against the Lakers on Jan. 7. Wright was injured after getting tangled up with Pau Gasol and immediately went to the locker room. The first diagnosis was that he would miss a minimum of three weeks, but it obviously ended up being considerably longer.
Wright had been playing some of his best ball of the season just before the injury, having started nine consecutive games. His absence allowed second-year forward Anthony Randolph to pass him on the Warriors’ depth chart; Wright was expected this season to be a backup to Randolph and potentially play alongside him.
If Wright is out for more than just a few practices, it would open the door for a return to the days of Corey Maggette at the 4, or for Mikki Moore or Devean George to step forward and claim a significant chunk of the backup minutes there.
2 Responses to “Report: Brandan Wright hurts left shoulder, MRI to come”
JustinR October 3rd, 2009 at 12:49 pm
typical warriors… I just finished reading how BWright is ready for a breakout season, and now he’s hurt again. Is it possible to get a few days in a row of optimism without something bad happening?
I blame this injury on Cohan because the bball gods have clearly cursed this franchise, and no warrior will be safe until he sells the team.
Nellie had Mikki Moore do the dirty work. Great pick up.
Leave a Reply
- Stepanie on Radio alert: Tune in to KNBR 1050 at 12:30 pm…
- top penny stocks today on Monta speaks … and he’s going to appeal
- employment lawyers in miami Miami FL on Monta speaks … and he’s going to appeal
- car repair spring hill on Warriors’ longshot DeMarcus Nelson narrowing the odds
- it company nashville on Monta speaks … and he’s going to appeal
TagsAcie Law Al Harrington Allen Iverson Andris Biedrins Anthony Morrow Anthony Randolph Baron Davis Brandan Wright C.J. Watson Chris Cohan Chris Hunter Chris Mullin Corey Maggette Dan Dickau DeMarcus Nelson Devean George Don Nelson Gilbert Arenas Jamal Crawford Jason Richardson Jeff Fried Jermareo Davidson Keith Smart Kelenna Azubuike Kevin Durant Kevin Garnett Kobe Bryant Larry Riley Marco Belinelli Marcus Williams Matt Barnes Mickael Pietrus Mikki Moore Monta Ellis Patrick O'Bryant Richard Hendrix Robert Rowell Rob Kurz Ronny Turiaf Stephen Curry Stephen Jackson Stephon Marbury Steve Nash Troy Murphy Vladimir Radmanovic
- Cohan hangs the “FOR SALE” sign on Warriors’ HQ, but how much will he get?
- Monta Ellis returns from six-game layoff to face Trail Blazers; Watson in, Turiaf out
- Radio alert: Tune in to KNBR 1050 at 12:30 pm…
- Game 63, Live: Warriors (17-45) at Hornets (31-32)
- Game 62, Live: Warriors (17-44) at Bobcats (29-31)
- Game 61, Live: Warriors (17-43) at Hawks (39-21)
- Game 60, Live: Warriors (17-42) at Magic (41-20)
- Game 59, Live: Warriors (17-41) at Heat (29-31)
- No Monta Ellis tonight vs. Kings
- Game 52, Live: Warriors (14-37) at Lakers (41-13)