A J. Crawford rant … no, not that J. Crawford
(I originally had this meandering aside plopped down in the middle of the Warriors-Nuggets post, but it just killed the flow, no matter where I put it. So here it is on its own.)
Brief detour to discuss this topic: How much higher is Joey Crawford’s profile compared to every other NBA referee currently working? Maybe Dick Bavetta or Bennett Salvatore could give him a run for his money on the basis of longevity, or Bob Delaney with his Donnie Brasco backstory, or Violet Palmer as a female trailblazer, but I don’t think there’s anyone else as instantly recognizable in a gray addidas T right now than Crawford.
Here was a hilarious first-quarter exchange on the Altitude broadcast between play-by-play announcer Chris Marlowe and color man Scott Hastings:
Hastings: Joe Crawford just came down the bench and told the Denver bench that both ‘Melo and Kenyon Martin have both been warned.
Marlowe: For what?
Hastings: (Snorts.) It’s Joe Crawford, man. . . . Probably talking back, I guess.
Thirty seconds later, Crawford whistled Martin for a tech.
Hastings: I’m doing everything I can, folks, just to not say anything.
Remember when Steve Javie was the guy who was known for having a rabbit ears and a hair-trigger penchant for handing out T’s? Javie should share some of whatever he’s been using to mellow out, because Joey, you need to chillax, man.
2 Responses to “A J. Crawford rant … no, not that J. Crawford”
justafan March 31st, 2009 at 5:56 pm
Boycott the Warriors until Chris Cohan sells the team!!!
Joey F’N Crawford
Leave a Reply
- Stepanie on Radio alert: Tune in to KNBR 1050 at 12:30 pm…
- top penny stocks today on Monta speaks … and he’s going to appeal
- employment lawyers in miami Miami FL on Monta speaks … and he’s going to appeal
- car repair spring hill on Warriors’ longshot DeMarcus Nelson narrowing the odds
- it company nashville on Monta speaks … and he’s going to appeal
TagsAcie Law Al Harrington Allen Iverson Andris Biedrins Anthony Morrow Anthony Randolph Baron Davis Brandan Wright C.J. Watson Chris Cohan Chris Hunter Chris Mullin Corey Maggette Dan Dickau DeMarcus Nelson Devean George Don Nelson Gilbert Arenas Jamal Crawford Jason Richardson Jeff Fried Jermareo Davidson Keith Smart Kelenna Azubuike Kevin Durant Kevin Garnett Kobe Bryant Larry Riley Marco Belinelli Marcus Williams Matt Barnes Mickael Pietrus Mikki Moore Monta Ellis Patrick O'Bryant Richard Hendrix Robert Rowell Rob Kurz Ronny Turiaf Stephen Curry Stephen Jackson Stephon Marbury Steve Nash Troy Murphy Vladimir Radmanovic
- Cohan hangs the “FOR SALE” sign on Warriors’ HQ, but how much will he get?
- Monta Ellis returns from six-game layoff to face Trail Blazers; Watson in, Turiaf out
- Radio alert: Tune in to KNBR 1050 at 12:30 pm…
- Game 63, Live: Warriors (17-45) at Hornets (31-32)
- Game 62, Live: Warriors (17-44) at Bobcats (29-31)
- Game 61, Live: Warriors (17-43) at Hawks (39-21)
- Game 60, Live: Warriors (17-42) at Magic (41-20)
- Game 59, Live: Warriors (17-41) at Heat (29-31)
- No Monta Ellis tonight vs. Kings
- Game 52, Live: Warriors (14-37) at Lakers (41-13)