By Geoff Lepper
The Warriors made it official this morning on behalf of majority owner Chris Cohan:
Cohan has hired a franchise-sale specialist, Galatioto Sports Partners, to manage the disposal of the team he ran into the ground during 16 seasons of ownership — 15 of those playoff-free.
It seems fairly obvious that Cohan is bringing in GSP to attempt to drive up the price from the $320 million value upon which Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison — the odds-on favorite to wind up as the next Warriors owner — based his early bid. According to Tim Kawakami, who has been all over this story for the better part of a year now, there are five or six other groups that have been waiting until now to get involved in the bidding.
Mar11Filed under: News;
Coach Don Nelson made it official: Monta Ellis will be back and in the starting lineup tonight against Portland for the enjoyment of a national TV audience.
Ellis missed six games because of a sore back, and the Warriors went 1-5 in his absence, losing all five games on their recent Southeastern road trip.
C.J. Watson made it back from his family funeral in time to play, but big man Ronny Turiaf remains sidelined by a sore left knee, leaving Chris Hunter as the team’s lone legitimate center.
… for yours truly talking over the state of the Warriors with new (and well-deserved) daytime host Damon Bruce on the young, hungry upstart half of KNBR, 1050 AM. I can promise it will be more fun than the Don Nelson Show. Really.
Mar8Filed under: Commentary;
As Crash Davis once said, “I have that dream all the time. We’re almost home.” Come discuss the Warriors’ attempt to avoid an 0-5 road trip in the New Orleans finale, right here.
Mar6Filed under: Commentary;
Discuss the arrival of Stephen Curry, Charlotte’s Homecoming King, right here.
- are staffing agencies good on Thoughts on Game No. 1: Hornets 108, Warriors 103
- lawyer british columbia on Thoughts on Game No. 1: Hornets 108, Warriors 103
- boosting testosterone naturally on Warriors’ longshot DeMarcus Nelson narrowing the odds
- Exterminating Vancouver BC on Thoughts on Game No. 1: Hornets 108, Warriors 103
- employment in orange county ca on Monta Ellis returns from six-game layoff to face Trail Blazers; Watson in, Turiaf out
TagsAcie Law Al Harrington Allen Iverson Andris Biedrins Anthony Morrow Anthony Randolph Baron Davis Brandan Wright C.J. Watson Chris Cohan Chris Hunter Chris Mullin Corey Maggette Dan Dickau DeMarcus Nelson Devean George Don Nelson Gilbert Arenas Jamal Crawford Jason Richardson Jeff Fried Jermareo Davidson Keith Smart Kelenna Azubuike Kevin Durant Kevin Garnett Kobe Bryant Larry Riley Marco Belinelli Marcus Williams Matt Barnes Mickael Pietrus Mikki Moore Monta Ellis Patrick O'Bryant Richard Hendrix Robert Rowell Rob Kurz Ronny Turiaf Stephen Curry Stephen Jackson Stephon Marbury Steve Nash Troy Murphy Vladimir Radmanovic
- Cohan hangs the “FOR SALE” sign on Warriors’ HQ, but how much will he get?
- Monta Ellis returns from six-game layoff to face Trail Blazers; Watson in, Turiaf out
- Radio alert: Tune in to KNBR 1050 at 12:30 pm…
- Game 63, Live: Warriors (17-45) at Hornets (31-32)
- Game 62, Live: Warriors (17-44) at Bobcats (29-31)
- Game 61, Live: Warriors (17-43) at Hawks (39-21)
- Game 60, Live: Warriors (17-42) at Magic (41-20)
- Game 59, Live: Warriors (17-41) at Heat (29-31)
- No Monta Ellis tonight vs. Kings
- Game 52, Live: Warriors (14-37) at Lakers (41-13)